Thursday, July 11, 2013

The 10 most powerful 2 letter words....

I once heard that the 10 most powerful 2 letter words were: If it is to be, it is up to me! When I googled the quote, I found that it is generally attributed to William H. Johnson, although many people simply say unknown when giving credit for this little quote. Comprised of only 2 letter words, this quote speaks to the idea of responsibility, taking charge of your own life, and not waiting around for someone else to make you happy, do the job, or make your dreams come true. You have to realize your own strengths and weaknesses and make decisions that are right for YOU!

If it is to be, it is up to me! This quote could almost go hand in hand with the famous Ghandi quote, "be the change you wish to see in the world." If you want things to be different in your life, it is up to you and you alone to make that happen. If you want to see change. If. The word is made up of two simple little letters but it means so very much. If. It is key to change of any kind. If. If you want change, make it happen. If not, then sit idly by and do not complain about what is occurring around you. If. We must always start at the foundation when working to build or change anything. Ourselves. If you are not willing to make the changes necessary to become a happier, positive person then how can you expect anyone else to be any different?

If it is to be, it is up to me! The only way to get things done is to do it yourself. If everyone walked around saying, "ahhhh, I will let someone else do it.", nothing would ever get done in this world. We would push off tough tasks, expecting others to do things, all the while sitting and complaining about how things are so wrong. It is up to you! Make it happen! When I wanted to change the way I viewed the world around me and who I had become as a person, I had to make the changes myself. I could either continue to surround myself with negative people or I could start being more positive with myself, which in turn attracted more positive people to my life. 

If it is to be, it is up to me! It is up to you to be the inspiration to the people you encounter so that they become inspired to change themselves. If it is to be, it is up to me! By changing ourselves first, we truly can change the world! Today, it is up to you, if you accept the change challenge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, my friends, Hello!!!

  Well, hello there my old friends. It has been such a long time since I felt like sitting down and writing. (and after I published this, I ...