Monday, January 6, 2014

Promises, goals, and THINK THANKFULLY!


In 53 days I will be back in my favorite city in the world....New Orleans!!! From the moment I drove through the French Quarter en route to the hotel on my first trip there, I was hooked. For some reason, the city calls to me. For some reason, I feel as though I belong there. For some reason, I long for it. So, in helping to pass the days away until I am reunited with my city, I decided to set my first 'goal' of the new year for March 1. That gives me 52 days to reach it. 52 days of eating right, exercising, and reaching the goal I placed before myself!!! It is hard to do things for myself when I have a daughter who is active in so much and still requires rides to and from events/pratices/etc but make no mistake about it, I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN! I may not be able to attend classes, but I can push myself to be more active right here at home!

In order to live thankfully and be happy, it has to start from within and lately I just wasn't feeling it. I do believe that is because I kinda let myself slip for a bit. I put some weight back on because I started indulging myself with foods I had long since given up and because we love our local hang out, I had been imbibing more than I should have been. Since I knew last week would be crazy, I decided to start shifting my habits again as of yesterday. I am back to logging my calorie intake, guzzling my lemon water, and my ultimate promise to myself was to either walk OR elliptical each day for at least 30 minutes. I purchased a new FitBit tracker (since my old one was never replaced by the company due to a malfunction) and am shooting for 10,000 steps a day. Today, being the first day back at school (although it is a delay day), I am curious to see how many steps I put on in a day just in school alone!! I am already excited!!!  I even packed my own lunch today.....I'm starting off the year THAT committed!!

Sometimes when life batters us down, as it almost always will, it is nice to know that YOU and only YOU have the power to swing back and hit the blues right out of the park!!! Think Thankfully, Be Positive!!!

Until tomorrow, my friends....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, my friends, Hello!!!

  Well, hello there my old friends. It has been such a long time since I felt like sitting down and writing. (and after I published this, I ...