Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fear Not!!

Once again, I am reminded just how well The Lord knows me! My devotionals for today were, once again, spot on for how I felt as the day came to a close yesterday. To put it simply...yesterday wasn't a great day. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. I wouldn't even say it was mediocre, but on the verge of being one of those terrible no good very bad days. But, some days are like that!

As I opened up the Beth Moore Breaking Free Day by Day devotional today, my heart skipped a beat! "I, The Lord your God, hold your right hand and say to you, "Do not fear, I will help you."  Isaiah 41:13. Scared to death I was yesterday. And I am reminded it is ok to feel that way. He understands that it is ok to be fearful, brought to tears, frustrated, insecure. But in the end, it is always His will be done. I cannot believe how immense my feelings can be since I started really digging deeper into my faith. I contemplated the devotional for awhile and then I opened devotional number 2: Beth Moore Believing God Day by Day. Whether well-fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need....I am able to do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Philippians 4:12-13. WOW!  And yes I can.

I have never been so thankful for my faith before. I have never felt so filled with Christ. I am thankful for the lessons I've been taught. Thankful that my journey has brought me back to a place of peace within myself. Whatever the harrowing path that is before me, I have no fear. I know I can do whatever is needed, face whatever needs facing, because I do not walk along.

Until tomorrow, my friends.....fear not! You are never alone!

Think Thankfully!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, my friends, Hello!!!

  Well, hello there my old friends. It has been such a long time since I felt like sitting down and writing. (and after I published this, I ...