Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Be strong in The Lord.....never give up hope!


The music bug bit me again yesterday. I sat at my desk, working on getting homework sheets together for my 3rd graders and I noticed a text on my phone. My dear friend Lisa told me to listen to a song before the day was over. She said it was in her mind when she woke up in the morning and she wanted to share it with me. The song, you ask? The Words I Would Say by the Sidewalk Prophets. Now, I had never heard of this band before Lisa's text. Rather than wait, I immediately went to iTunes and downloaded the song, instantly listening to it. Yup.....the music bug bit me again!

I am all about powerful songs. Believe me when I say, I'm a sucker for some heavy metal music (trust me, Drowning Pool's Bodies has a special place in my heart, as does Seether's Rise Above This, for times when I need an aggressive song!!! Really! Would I lie to you??!!) and at times I need my country connection (y'know, I need my Luke Bryan fix every great now and again because he is a hottie!!! Uh, huh!!!!), but this time, a more Contemporary Christian tune has become a bit of an earworm since hearing it, and that is not a bad thing. I do find myself humming Blessed Assurance more often than not when I feel as though I am in need, but I do believe I have found a new song to get me through my 'moments'.

Today, a dear friend of mine is battling another struggle in her 'amost' year long journey of motherhood. Her little guy, who will be 1 year old tomorrow, is being admitted to the hospital in order to insert a feeding tube. At 1 year of age, my little Bean Machine still does not weigh 15 pounds. He is a happy little man, just cannot gain weight. His mommy is a single mom, who is the most amazing, loving, giving mommy in the world. If I could send this song out to just one person today, it would be my friend, Megan. The lyrics of this song are what I would say, if I could talk to her this morning. Much like my friend Lisa yesterday, the song was in my head as I woke up. I was singing it in the shower, and I knew I had to write this blog and let Megan know that she should never give up hope!


The Words I Would Say
Sidewalk Prophets

Three in the morning, and I'm still awake
So I picked up a pen and a page
And I started writing just what I'd say
If we were face to face
  
I'd tell you just what you mean to me
Tell you these simple truths
  
CHORUS
Be strong in the LORD
And never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know
God's got His hand on You
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

Last time we spoke you said you were hurting
And I felt your pain in my heart
I want to tell you that I keep on praying
That love will find you where you are

I know cause I've already been there
So please hear these simple truths

CHORUS
Say... from one simple life to another
I will say... come find peace in the Father
  
Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know
God's got His hand on You
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here

Take your time and pray
And thank God for each day
His love will find a way
These are the words I would say

I would love to post the video for this song, because it is one that will stick in your head, however, the last time I did that, I'm not sure everyone was able to see the video. Heck I wasn't able to see it on my phone or iPad. I guess I should just go ahead, in the event the right person hears this song and it makes a difference to them to.

The Sidewalk Prophets: The Words I Would Say

Again, if there is a way this blog would EVER reach the Sidewalk Prophets, please accept this entry as a big thank you. Thank you for writing a song that I can relate to, that I can share, that moved me. You will never know just how much these words will help me through my own troubling times.

Until tomorrow, my friends....be strong in The Lord and NEVER give up hope! God's got plans for you!

Think Thankfully!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, my friends, Hello!!!

  Well, hello there my old friends. It has been such a long time since I felt like sitting down and writing. (and after I published this, I ...