Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy to see this week come to an end......


This has been a whirlwind week to say the very least! This morning, I was up, checked the phone app for any weather delays or closings, trudged to the bathroom, and started my morning routines. As I was ready to turn off the shower, my phone alerts me to a phone call. The school district calling to say there was a 2 hour delay! UGH! So, now, here I sit at 6:30am, ready to go to school and I don't have to be there for another three and a half hours, really. So, what do I decide to do with this time? Of course, I turn to the blog!!

I am ever so thankful that today is Friday. While this week seemed to blow by, it was not a week without a ton of stress and discombobulated schedules. I am thankful to be putting an end to this week, ready to start fresh on Monday with a new work week I do believe I need to wrap my head around some things and really dig deep for answers to some questions that ponder my mind. There are days I still feel as though I am being called to do something MORE with this life of mine.

This thankful journey I am on is a constantly evolving journey. I know that there is no end point in traveling on this road. Being a more thankful person isn't something that just happens, it has taken me two years to even remotely be here. Every day I work at finding the good, spreading a smile, being kind, etc. Some days I feel like no matter all the good I see, the happiness I feel, the smiles I spread, it is NEVER enough. There are days when I feel like I've been slapped in the face by the very people who, I've learned, pretend to be my friend. Recently, I've been more disappointed in the actions and words of people who I thought were my friends than I have ever been. Some days the journey is lonely and I feel like I walk it very alone. And then......

.....my phone might light up with a text from someone reaching out to see if I am ok. I receive a Facebook message from someone just checking in. One of my wee ones wraps their arms around me in a tight little hug and it just makes the world feel ok again, even if for a little while. Will it stop me? No way!

This year will be a year of cleansing for me. I will not hold onto negativity in any form in my life any more. I will release more of my worries to the One who already knows how those worries play out. I will continue to become closer to my faith. I will keep living with the attitude of THINK THANKFULLY!  I am DEDICATED to this passion. DEDICATED to reaching 1,000 followers on my page. DEDICATED to helping others see that there is always, always, ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

Until tomorrow........................

Think Thankfully!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, my friends, Hello!!!

  Well, hello there my old friends. It has been such a long time since I felt like sitting down and writing. (and after I published this, I ...