Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My heart is filled with happiness.....

I can hardly believe the amount of people we have reached with the Think Thankfully Facebook page just today alone!!! I have had this nagging feeling for quite some time to do something of this nature. It wasn't until last weekend, when visiting my son-through-marriage and his girlfriend that I really got the kick in the rear to do this. I guess I never fully realized just how many people my nightly thankful posts on my own Facebook page truly reached. There were many times, I'd see a certain person 'liked' my status and I would think, "WHOA! Where did they come from!" or I'd bump into someone in the community and out of the blue they would start telling me just how much my posts mean to them. From a simple blog to a simple Facebook page, I know I will reach the masses with my message of Think Thankfully!

Tonight, as I reflect on my day today, three people come to mind. I've known each of these three people for a long time, two longer than other, but still, it seems like a long long time! I had a great little meet-up with one of these people today. I've never been one to accept compliments well, but yet when my friend told me just how much this whole idea means to her, I could have stood before her and cried. She told me there are times she will log into Facebook and specifically look for my positive messages. It is for friends like her that I continue to do what I do.

The second friend reached out to me a few weeks ago, private messaging me a little note of her own gratitude. She's been having a bit of a rough time in her life and with the posts of gratitude and showing thankfulness in even the most yucky of situations, it has helped her put the negative in her past and start moving forward with a thankful heart for all she IS blessed with. Today, she reached out again, simply to make sure I knew just how appreciative she was. She acknowledged that it is very hard to let go of the crap in our lives, but once we do, just how freeing it truly is!!!  YAY for her!  I know she will be AOK!  And I know she knows I am right here cheering her on!!!

The third friend who comes to mind tonight as I sit her ready to write, is a long distance friend. A friend I have never met in person, but have chatted with via the computer and telephone on numerous occasions. We've been online friends for 15 years and have watched each other's children grow up in pictures. She has adopted the Think Thankfully way of living and much like myself, posts the things that made her most thankful in her day. She is one of my biggest supporters (outside my family, that is) and I couldn't be more proud to call her a friend!!!

Tonight, as I close this day's page in the Think Thankfully blog, I want to take the opportunity to thank Sherry, Heather, and Lisa for being MY inspirations today. You certainly mean a lot to me and I am so thankful to have you in my life!!!  Keep on THINKING THANKFULLY!!!

Until tomorrow, my friends.......what or who has made you most thankful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, my friends, Hello!!!

  Well, hello there my old friends. It has been such a long time since I felt like sitting down and writing. (and after I published this, I ...