Friday, July 19, 2013

Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride! Nobody's gonna slow me down! Oh no!

I didn't feel much like blogging yesterday. Not that I didn't have anything to say, it's just that when I finally had a chance to sit down and write, I knew what I had to say at that moment would not be so positive and that is NOT what I wanted my blog to be centered around! The title of it is Think Thankfully and even I need reminders to do just that some days!!!

Think Thankfully is at 283 followers! By midnight, I am hoping to have reached 300!!!! The outreach of Think Thankfully has grown beyond my wildest expectations! As page manager, I can see how many people a status or image has reached. I can see how many shares one image receives. I am humbled at how many people one little idea can affect! I am always on the hunt for new inspiring messages, images, words to help even just one person, because in helping that one person, I am also helping myself.

Yesterday, I found myself in a situation that threw my center of balance off, rocked my professional core.....and I did cry about it. But only for a little while. I went back and read everything on the Think Thankfully Facebook page along with some remarkable words of comfort/kick in the rear from one of my aunts and I soon realized that we are given these little curveballs in life, not to create a sense of panic and cause us defeat, but rather to help show us that we CAN do things we are not ready for. No one is immune to life's obstacles, whether they be simple ones like a detour on a road, a store not having the exact brand you want, or more severe obstacles such as disease, loss of job, or death. It is in how we deal with those obstacles that help raise us up and make us stronger and help us to believe in ourselves.

I firmly believe that our circumstances and obstacles do NOT have to be barriers to success and being one step better than we were before. Yes they can weigh us down if we focus on them for too long, but if we look at those obstacles as more of a stepping stone of sorts, we can be catapulted right over the obstacle and on our way to even more greatness!

As with a lot of my daily encounters, during the evening and through last night, a song has been on repeat in the jukebox in my head. Matthew Wilder co-wrote the song Break My Stride in 1983 and it immediately became a hit for him, with its catchy little reggae/new wave beat and lyrics. And it is so true when facing our own obstacles in this thing called life: Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh-no! I got to keep on moving! Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, I'm running and I won't touch ground! Oh-no, I got to keep on moving!!!

Today, keep on moving......don't let those obstacles slow you down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, my friends, Hello!!!

  Well, hello there my old friends. It has been such a long time since I felt like sitting down and writing. (and after I published this, I ...