Sunday, June 30, 2013

A little of this and a little of that....my Sunday in a nutshell!

Happy Sunday evening!!!  Actually Happy Last Day of June Evening!  Can you believe that when you wake up tomorrow it will already be JULY?? During the school year, time seems to drag on and on, but let summer commence and the time flies right on by!!!

So, in living a thankful life, one filled with all sorts of gratitude, you have to find things that YOU enjoy doing and take some time each day just for you!!! And no, Candy Crush doesn't count! For me, there are many things I enjoy doing but the one thing that has always been my escape from my own little reality has been reading! I guess that is why I enjoy being a Reading Teacher so much! I've posted on my Facebook page about my youngest's summer reading requirements and how I am such a huge proponent of it! In my few short weeks of summer vacation, I've been to Washington DC (for real) and the OBX (for real) as well as Gettysburg (compliments of The Killer Angels) and a little fictional island off the coast of Maine called Quinnipeague (compliments of Sweet Salt Air). As I always teach my students, reading is so therapeutic. It can take you ANYWHERE you want to go with just the turn of a page!!!  What's not to love about that?!?!?!

Bill and I decided we were going to clean the pool today! We were both waist deep in the water when the sound of thunder rolled on in. Needless to say, we got out of the pool pronto! After awhile, the threat of rain disappeared and while he took a nap, Erika and I headed out to the backyard to finish the job! My pool is now scrubbed and vacuumed and looks mighty good!!!  Makes me feel super great when Bill comes out and tells me what a great job I've done!! True compliments always make my heart swell!!!! I do enjoy spending time with him, whether it be lounging in the pool, taking a ride on the motorcycle, doing yardwork, or cleaning out the pool, nothing feels like work when you are doing it with someone you love!!!!

Being a thankful person is not all that hard, really! There is no real trick to it except to be open to all the things in your life that truly make you smile! I've learned that those little things are ALL around me every single day!!!! So, what made YOU smile today?

Until tomorrow, my friends....





















64GXNX4FD8JD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, my friends, Hello!!!

  Well, hello there my old friends. It has been such a long time since I felt like sitting down and writing. (and after I published this, I ...